terça-feira, 16 de abril de 2002

If I see you again, I will call you my friend

Achei em um site da internet a letra original de "Lady Luck", de "Come Taste the Band". No disco, ela consta como de autoria de David Coverdale e Jeff Cook. Mas quem é esse Jeff Cook, que não é do Deep Purple e nem nunca ouvi falar? Ah, ele é o autor da letra original. Abaixo, a original; se quiser ler a gravada pelo Purple, vá aqui:

LADY LUCK
Lyrics by Jeff Cook

I was raised on the north end
Down by the docks
Had to steal just to eat
Or work till you drop
Amongst the dirt and the rats
And the filth and the stench
It's every man for himself
And no one giving an inch.

(Chorus)
Lady Luck
Take me by the collar, pull me up
Lady Luck, Save my soul, Lord I've had enough.
Oh I've had enough!!

It was real hell in the north end
Even a street by that name
You'd see Satan there nightly
With the sailors and dames
Amongst the drunks and the beggars
And the pimps and the thieves
If you're born there you die there
They say nobody leaves

(Chorus)
Oh Lady Luck
Want you to take me by the collar, pull me up
Oh Lady Luck
Save my soul, God I've had enough
Go down to the north end
All that you wish to know
Nothing to see but a sad life
A real Cannery Row
With its failures and fallen angels
And the ones who never tried
Doing so well they can't change things
Yet they're dissatisfied

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário